Redmi Note 5 Pro users can now taste the sweetness of OREO. If you are using Redmi Note 5 Pro then today we are sharing a guide to Download and install Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11]. The new Global MIUI 9 8.5.11 Android 8.1 OREO ROM is now available and just follow the given guide to download Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM. This latest ROM comes with lots of new features like FullScreen Mode, New gestures, Dual 4G Mode (Dual Volte). Many users have tested the ROM and found it stable and the battery performance of the phone is much better than the previous ROMS.
All you need to have the latest version of a TWRP custom Recovery pre-installed on your phone to enjoy the better performance of your phone. After TWRP installation, you will be able to install the zip file on this rom on your phone. Keep in mind that this is the leaked version of MIUI 9 8.5.11 Global Stable ROM and is based on the latest Android 8.1 OREO. Also, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of your device before proceeding to the installation guide. You can find the link to unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 5 Pro below. So follow the given instructions on how to install Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM WITHOUT losing the data.
androidxda.net will not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during or after this installation process. Proceed at your own risk.
Please note that the ROM we have given in this guide is working only with Redmi Note 5. So go ahead and download MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro before starting the flashing process. We recommend keeping everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Install TWRP custom Recovery on the Redmi Note 5 Pro
Download Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM
We have already mentioned that this is Global Stable leaked MIUI 9 Recovery ROM and not the fastboot ROM. So you will need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP already installed to flash this ROM. You can download the Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11] zipped file from the given link.
How to Update Redmi Note 5 Pro with Global Stable 8.1 OREO ROM
1. First, download the OREO ROM zip file from the above link on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable and transfer the Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11] zip file on your phone’s internal memory (root folder).
3. Next, boot your phone into recovery mode. Switch off your phone and switch it ON by holding the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time to boot Redmi Note 5 pro in TWRP recovery mode.
4. Tap on the Wipe > Advanced Wipe and Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
5. Now, tap on the Install Option and locate the OREO ROM zip file and Swipe to Confirm Flash. The Global Stable 8.1 OREO ROM installation process will begin.
6. Once the flashing process completes, tap on Reboot system and be patient. It may take about 15 minutes to make the device booted up for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 8.1 OREO ROM [MIUI 9 8.5.11].
Hope you like this guide to update the Redmi Note 5 Pro with the latest MIUI 9 Android 8.1 OREO update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or queries regarding above guide.