OnePlus has started rolling out the latest official Oxygen OS 4.1.4 firmware for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T variants. This latest update comes with the fixed screen flickering issue for the Indian region because this issue was especially predominant for Indian users. So OnePlus provide fairly stable ROMs for fixes couple of bugs or issues to ensuring your device run smoothly without any problem. This is not a big update for OnePlus 3 and 3T, it is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and carries the March security patch updated. This latest official Oxygen OS 4.1.4 packed with other minor under-the-hood performance, improvements and system optimizations through which you can enhance the overall performance of your device. The most recent update is currently available in India. We hope that the firmware will be available soon in other countries but still, you can install this latest official update manually by following this simple step by step guide.
It is recommended keeping updated your device to the latest official firmware released by OnePlus because official firmware provides you unique features and many other changes and improvements which are not possible in other. Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing the Oxygen OS 4.1.4 official update on your own OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T variants then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.1.4 update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Download OxygenOS 4.1.4 for OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3
- OxygenOS 4.1.4 for OnePlus 3 OTA link – Coming Soon (OxygenOS 4.1.3 to OxygenOS 4.1.4)
- OxygenOS 4.1.4 Full ROM for OnePlus 3 – Download
- OxygenOS 4.1.4 OTA for OnePlus 3T – Coming Soon (OxygenOS 4.1.3 to OxygenOS 4.1.4)
- OxygenOS 4.1.4 Full ROM for OnePlus 3T – Download
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.4 Official Firmware Android 7.1.1 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.1.4 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.1.4 update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.