The LG K10 device is recently launched by LG running on the Marshmallow 6.0 OS out of the box. Most of the LG devices comes with a locked bootloader. Here in this guide detailed guide, you’ll be able to know that how to unlock the bootloader of LG K10 (K420N/K420DS). If you want to flash the custom ROM, root your phone, installing kernels, tinker with software capabilities then you first need to unlock the bootloader of your LG K10 device. Once you unlock the bootloader of your LG K10 then you can run your device with full power without any default or factory restrictions. If you wish to delete some unwanted company applications (bloatware) and you feel that your mobile is junked and you want to free your mobile memory then you should start to unlock the bootloader of your LG K10.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can quickly unlock the bootloader of LG K10 (K420N/K420DS). Why people unlock the bootloader? Because the built-in company programme is loaded with various restrictions and annoying bloatware package. So if you want to take full control of your mobile phone and install a custom recovery image like TWRP or CWM recovery then you should unlock the bootloader of your LG K10. This operation is not an official way so you are going to lose the warranty of your LG K10. Before proceeding, keep in mind to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in unlocking bootloader of your LG K10 (K420N/K420DS) then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing instructions can be used LG K10 with the model number (K420N/K420DS). Do not try this guide on other devices or incorrect variants.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG K10 (K420N/K420DS) during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like Contacts, Settings, Call Logs, SMS, MMS and media content etc.
- The bootloader of your LG K10 (K420N/K420DS) should be unlocked.
- ADB and a Fastboot driver should be installed on your PC.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Option. For this, first, enable Developer Options on your device by navigating to Settings app > About Phone > Software Info. Now tap on Build Number several times (7 times to be exact). A message will be appeared saying “You are now a Developer“. Now you have the option to enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is about 70% before proceeding
- Download K420n10B_00_0524.kdz (1.2G)
- Download LG UP software (LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.msi)
- Download aboot file
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of LG K10:
Step 1: First download K420n10B_00_0524.kdz ROM, LG UP software and the latest patched aboot file directly on your phone or on the desktop of your computer from the above-given links.
Step 2: Flash the K420n10B_00_0524.kdz ROM using LG UP software.
Step 3: Root your LG K10 using KingORoot.
Step 4: Next, connect your phone to the computer and type “adb shell” in command prompt.
Step 5: Copy/paste the aboot file into /sdcard/ folder.
Step 6: Type “su” to enter the root shell.
Step 7: Finally, type the following command:
dd if=/sdcard/aboot_patched.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
Step 8: Once the above process is completed, reboot your phone.
Done! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of LG K10. The given method is one of the best ways to Unlock Bootloader of LG K10 without secure boot error.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or question.