Install A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018: Samsung has started rolling out the latest May 2018 Security Patch update for Galaxy A8 2018. The new firmware update comes with build number A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3. Most of the Galaxy devices have already received the update and now the time is to upgrade Galaxy A8. We highly recommend upgrading your Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 device to the latest Security updates. Even this is an incremental update not a major one but contains the latest patch.
A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update is based on Android 7.1 Nougat bringing the latest security patch update. The firmware was released by Google in May 2018 with May 1 security patch update. You’ll be happy to know that the new firmware update comes with stability improvements, bug fixes and speed enhancements. So, go ahead and follow the given guide to install May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018.
The Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security update is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy A8 2018 and hit the download to upgrade your device to install May 2018 Security Patch A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives in a phase-wise manner and will soon reach to every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security update on Galaxy A8 2018. Now proceed to check for the software update manually to download and install May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018.
- 1 Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy A8 2018?
- 2 Steps to Install A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018:
- 3 Steps to Install Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
Please note that Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy A8 2018.
Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy A8 2018?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy A8 2018, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy A8 2018. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy A8 2018 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
Steps to Install A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A8 2018.
Required Files to Download Galaxy A8 2018 A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update
- Download A530FXXS2ARE1
- Download A530FXXS2ARE3
- Install Samsung Kies Software
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now Download ODIN Software
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
Step 1: Download and Install the Samsung Odin to your Computer
At first, Click here to download the latest version of Odin software to your computer. Once you have downloaded this application, Follow this guide to install it.
Step 2: Download and Install your Samsung USB Drivers
Click here download Samsung USB Drivers. With an intention to assist your computer in recognizing your Samsung device, you will need to install the compatible drivers according to your device model.
Step 3: Samsung Firmware Download
If you own the Samsung device, there is a great chance for you to find the latest firmware for your Smartphone quite easily. However, downloading the firmware from an untrusted site can be a bit risky. Search for your device model on this site to download Stock Firmware.
Step 4: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
Enable USB Debugging and (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
Step 5: Boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into download mode
Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download mode:
- First Power off your device.
- Press “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Now, press Volume Up to accept and boot into Download mode.
Step 6: Open the Odin Tool on your PC.
Step 7: Connect your Phone to Pc
Once you have connected your phone to the PC, you will see an option named as ID: COM. It will turn blue in Odin Tool if your device gets recognized.
Step 6: Transfer the Samsung firmware file to Odin
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file you will see the files in the format of “.tar.md5”.
- Now, click on AP in Odin and select the .tar.md5 firmware file.
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 7: Start Flashing the Samsung firmware with Odin
After you have loaded the firmware in Odin, Press the Start button located at the bottom of the screen to start the process of flashing.
Step 8: Finishing the Installation process of Stock Firmware
If you have correctly followed the above process with the correct firmware files and compatible Odin version, you will not see any error messages. The process will take few minutes, and you will see a message saying “PASS” on a green color background. After that, the device will reboot automatically and should be running on a new firmware.
Follow the above steps to install a Stock Firmware using the Odin tool successfully, and you will not encounter problems whatsoever.
Done! You have successfully installed A530FXXS2ARE1 / A530FXXS2ARE3 May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A8 2018 based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy A8 2018.