Nitrogen OS N is an excellent and brand new custom firmware for Google Nexus 6P that brings Android 7.1 Nougat on these devices. If you want to use something outstanding on your Nexus 6P, then you can install the stock Android OS with Nitrogen custom ROM software. This ROM is easily customizable and personalised as well smooth and stable. By following the given instructions, you will install the Nitrogen OS N Android 7.1 update on your own Google Nexus 6P. This is not an official release by Google/LG, but just a custom ROM. This custom ROM (Nitrogen OS N) is based on AOSP Android 7.1 Nougat, and you can use it as a daily driver.
In this tutorial, we will tell you that how to install Android 7.1 Nitrogen OS N Nougat ROM on Nexus 6P with complete steps and instructions. Take backup your phone as you will have to wipe all your data during the installation process. The Google Nexus 6P owners who have already checked the Nitrogen custom ROM, are not any reported about any bugs or other software related issues. If you are interested in updating your Google Nexus 6P on Nitrogen OS N Android 7.1 Nougat, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all your important existing data on Nexus 6P.
- The stock Marshmallow OS version should be installed on Nexus 6P.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus on your computer.
- The Nexus bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- You Nexus 6P must be rooted, and the latest build of either CWM or TWRP Recovery should be pre-installed on it to flash a brand new Android 7.1-based custom ROM.
- For this firmware installation, you will also need to factory reset the phone.
- Finally, ensure that your Nexus device carries more than 70% of charge.
Please note that this guide can be used only for the Google Nexus 6P devices. Don’t use the firmware file given in this guide for any other device or incorrect variant. Do note that you will experience some force close errors while running this Nougat firmware on your Nexus 6P. Required Files:
- Download Nitrogen OS N Android 7.1 custom ROM file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 7.1 ROMs from here.
Steps To Install Unofficial Nitrogen OS N Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Nexus 6P:
Step No 1: – Download Nitrogen OS N Android 7.1 custom ROM (Nitrogen-OS-mako-20161024.zip) and Gapps for Android 7.1 ROMs from the above links given on the desktop of your PC. (Make sure to select the Android 7.1 OS version) while downloading Google Apps package.
Step No 2: – Connect the device to your PC and copy/paste both files to the phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip the files.
Step No 3: – Disconnect the phone from PC and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
Step No 5: – While your Nexus 6P is in Bootloader / Fastboot main screen, press Volume Up to enter into Recovery mode. Then press Power to boot the Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – Once in Recovery Mode, make an NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM by navigating to ‘backup and restore’. Then set the file name and confirm process to begin the backup.
Step No 7: – Next, Factory Reset Nexus 6P and proceed to flash the Android 7.1 custom ROM.
Step No 8: – In CWM Recovery, select ‘install zip from sd card’, then ‘choose zip from sd card’. Find the Android 7.1 custom ROM file and confirm the installation process to begin.
Step No 9: – Once the Android 7.1 firmware installation is completed, repeat the above steps to flash the Gapps zip on your Nexus 6P.
Step No 10: – After installation is successfully finished, reboot the device in normal mode.
Step No 11: – Finally, flash the SuperSU Stable from here to get root access to the internal file system of your Nexus 6P to remove the factory restrictions and permission to install tonnes of third-party apps.