The two great flagship devices of the year 2017 released by the Oneplus company, the Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T. These two devices are quite efficient in their performance. The Oneplus 3 was launched earlier with having Snapdragon 820 processor and the Oneplus 3T was released with Snapdragon 821 processor with a better front facing camera and battery pack. The Oneplus 3T is a bit darker than the Oneplus 3 which is called gun metallic grey color. In this guide, we’ll let you know that How to Install Android Oreo Based Paranoid Android ROM on Oneplus 3 and 3T.
Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T were released with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OxygenOS then both of these smartphones were updated to Android 7.0 Nougat and now these smartphones have also received the latest Android update of Android 8.0 Oreo with Oxygen 5.0.
However, if you want to have some more customizations on your Oneplus 3 and 3T there is a custom ROM available for these two smartphones which here we are going to share with you.
This is Android Oreo-based custom ROM and this ROM is by Paranoid Android which is based on AOSPA.
This ROM is still not fully completed and it has some bugs as it is still in its Alpha stage so we have made a list of all the bugs of this ROM.
- Notification Slider
- This ROM is still in Alpha stage and has some bugs. There is a risk of installing it in your Oneplus 3 and 3T.
- Make a backup of all your important data before installing it.
- Your device Bootloaders must be unlocked and have TWRP recovery installed on your device.
This guide containing the Android 8.0 Oreo based Paranoid custom ROM is working with the Oneplus 3 and 3T. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Oneplus 3 and 3T during or after the installation of Paranoid Custom Firmware. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make sure that the battery level of your Oneplus 3 and 3T is at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the Oneplus 3 and 3T on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a good backup of your important data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode onOneplus 3 and 3T from Settings > Developer Options.
- The Oneplus 3 and 3T should be rooted with the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed that it supports the new Android 8.0 Oreo-based ROM installations.
You May Also Like:
Guide to Install Android Oreo-based Paranoid Android ROM on Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T
- First, download the Paranoid Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your PC. Do not extract these files.
- Now, connect your OnePlus 3/3T to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Move the Paranoid firmware, and Google Apps zipped files to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your smartphone and reboot it into TWRP mode by pressing and holding Power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- When you are in TWRP recovery, from there select Paranoid Android ROM which you have already downloaded from the download section and flash this zip file.
- After flashing both zip file you have to wipe the cache and data and after this reboot your smartphone.
- Once the ROM is flashed on your device, repeat the same steps for Google Apps package.
- After your device restarts, you will have Paranoid Android ROM on your Oneplus 3 and 3T.
So here it is if you follow all these steps you can successfully install this custom ROM in your Oneplus 3 and 3T, however, we already mention some bugs in this Custom ROM which will be fixed in upcoming time.