Download / Install G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S6 Edge+ [SM-G928F]: Samsung has recently started rolling out the latest May 2018 security patch update for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (Romania). After upgrading Galaxy S6 Edge+ to the latest firmware, the build number will move to G928FXXS4CRE1. The update contains some of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities fixes. We highly recommend updating Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malwares. G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
The Android 7.0 Nougat G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy S6 Edge+ and hit the download to upgrade your device to May 2018 Security Patch G928FXXS4CRE1 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 7.0 Nougat May 2018 Security update on Galaxy S6 Edge+. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy S6 Edge+.
- PDA: G928FXXS4CRE1
- CSC: G928FVFG4CRD1
- CHANGELIST: 11762721
- BUILD DATE: 09.05.2018
- Android security patch level: 01.05.2018
Please note that Android 7.0 Nougat May 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy S6 Edge+?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S6 Edge+, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S6 Edge+. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest May 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S6 Edge+ using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Download G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S6 Edge+
How To Manually Install G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Update on Galaxy S6 Edge+ using ODIN:
To Install G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security for Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed G928FXXS4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S6 Edge+ based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy S6 Edge+.