Canadian Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users have some great news that the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware has been released for these devices. The build number of this latest update is N910W8VLU1COI4 that comes with many bugs fixes and stability improvements which are incorporated within this OI4 build. Android 5.1.1 upgrade has been already rolled out for other Note 4 variants recently and now Samsung rolled out N910W8VLU1COI4 Stock 5.1.1 firmware update for SM-N910W8 (Canadian Variants).
So if you are from Canada then you can update your Note 4 via OTA (over-the-air) but if its not currently available in your country or you’re unable to install this update over OTA then we have a detailed step by step guide on how to install official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update on Canadian Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W8. In this guide we’ll use Odin tool to flash the firmware .zip file on Galaxy Note 4. Interested to update your phone? Go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the N910W8VLU1COI4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file and instructions can be used only with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W8 (Canadian Variants). Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 4 N910W8 during or after the installation of N910W8VLU1COI4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. However, installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void the warranty of your but proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 4, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 4 by navigate to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 4 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Note 4, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Flash Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update on Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W8 (Canadian):
Step No 1:- First, download the N910W8VLU1COI4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware (TLS-N910W8VLU1COI4-20151002161810.zip (1.76 GB)) file and Odin tool (Odin3_v3.10.6.zip) for your Galaxy Note 4 on the desktop of the PC from the above given links.
Step No 2:- Extract the Android 5.1.1 firmware file to get .tar.md5 extension and also extract the Odin .zip file as well.
Step No 3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy Note 4 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
Step No 5:- Launch Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6:- As the Galaxy Note 4 is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue and “Added” message will be appear in Odin after phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
Step No 9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
Step No 10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy Note 4 N910W8 will be automatically rebooted.
Step No 11:- Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
Done! You’ve installed the N910W8VLU1COI4 based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy Note 4 successfully.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.1.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy Note 4.
In case of bootloop issue after the installation of this firmware:
- Remove the battery and put it back again.
- Boot to Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons altogether.
- In Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” > select “Yes” to wipe all data.
- Select Reboot to System.