Being an Android user, you may know about the OnePlus company. The OnePlus company is manufacturing great flagship phones on a budget that makes OnePlus different and unique from other smartphone companies. OnePlus launched their first smartphone, the OnePlus One as a flagship phone and after that OnePlus is releasing each great flagship smartphone every year. OnePlus 5 phone was launched in the June of 2017 and was the first flagship of 2017 by OnePlus. Talking about the Oneplus 5, the design of this smartphone is almost like the iPhone 7 having dual camera setup at the back of the phone. OnePlus 5 has Snapdragon 835 which is the latest processor with having huge 8GB of RAM. The storage of this smartphone is 128 GB which is quite great for smartphone users. In this guide, we’ll let you know that How to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 on Android Oreo 8.0.
As we know that OnePlus has great developing features from their very first flagship device which was OnePlus One running CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. There are still quite great ROMs out there for OnePlus. The other amazing thing about the OnePlus is that the company offers warranty even when the device is modified, rooted or unlocked and this is what makes the company best in terms of customer services.
Now OnePlus has launched their latest OS which is OxygenOS 5.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo for OnePlus 5 and it is going to be available within a few days. This means that you are going to need TWRP recovery and root your device to get back to stock recovery and stock ROM to get the official firmware update.
So, we have shared a complete guide to Install TWRP and Root your OnePlus 5 on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your personal computer. How To
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader of your device.
- Charge your device upto 50% at least before starting the process.
- Make a back up of all your important data because this process will erase your data.
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Oreo 8.0 in Oneplus 5
- First, you need to open the command prompt in the ADB and fastboot folder.
- After opening the command prompt, connect your smartphone and computer using a USB cable. After connecting your device to computer enter this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- this command will reboot your device in fastboot mode.
- When you are in fastboot mode, rename the downloaded TWRP image to recovery.img and type this command in command prompt
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will start the flashing process, after the process is completed successfully, the TWRP recovery will be installed on your Oreo-based OnePlus 5.
Guide to Root OnePlus 5 Android 8.0 Oreo
- After installing TWRP, press the Power and Volume Down button for few seconds and it will boot your device in TWRP recovery.
- Download and transfer SuperSu or Magisk on your device’s internal storage. Links are attached in the download section.
- Navigate and select Magisk or SuperSu to install the zip file on your OnePlus 5.
- Now swipe and it will flash the zip file and your device will reboot.
- After the device reboots to the system, your device will be rooted on Android Oreo.
- Your smartphone may reboot several times which is totally normal.