Today we will teach you that how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5. The Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone is a high–end device, so if you want to extend the boundaries of performance and customization your device, then you might want to root it. In this article, we are going to share a detailed guide on how to root and install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5. TeamWin Recovery is also known as TWRP recovery. The TWRP Recovery comes with 3.1.1-0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode. It allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system. After installing TWRP custom recovery, you can install any Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels, Change the IP of your device, delete pre-installed apps from your Xperia Z5 and so on.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5. If you are the owner of Xperia Z5 and want to unleash the full power of Android Modding or remove all bloatware then you must need to root your device. Also, rooting is how you get complete access to everything in your operating system, and those give permissions allow you to change it all. Remember that your phone must have an Unlocked Bootloader, otherwise, you can’t Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5. This is not an official TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z5 from TWRP Team.
Before proceeding, don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. Because while Rooting and Installing TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you want to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- This guide only for Sony Xperia Z5.
- Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Z5.
- Take a backup of your files before proceeding further.
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on Sony Xperia Z5
- TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z5
- Latest Magisk ZIP | Magisk APK
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z5:
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, download TWRP recovery img for Sony Xperia Z5.
- Rename the downloaded img file to “TWRP” and transfer the file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android Smartphones
- Go to the ADB folder and then press “Shift key + Right mouse key” and click on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Z5 to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.OR You can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass your device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia Z5. It can be checked by long press “Volume down + power” buttons to boot into recovery mode.
Root Sony Xperia Z5 via TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU or Magisk Zip and transfer the file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down button + Power button” until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Navigate to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file
- After selecting the SuperSU or Magisk zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now reboot your device from the main menu.
These were the easy steps on how to Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia Z5. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.