Today, in this article we are sharing a detailed guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery on it. Xiaomi recently launched the latest high-end specs flagship device Mi 6X. Even that you are looking for a way to apply various tweaking procedures in order to unlock the Android core system for being able to unleash the full potential of your Mi 6X then you are at right place. By following this simple step by step guide, you can easily root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery. After rooting Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery, you can enjoy the additional and hidden feature of Mi 6X or you will install custom ROM, apps, and be setting on your phone. Also, root allows for you to use the maximum of your phone without any restrictions.
If you are the owner of Xiaomi Mi 6X and searching for installing any custom recovery then TWRP recovery is the best custom recovery image. TWRP recovery enables you to flash custom ROMs on your Xiaomi Mi 6X. The TWRP recovery is a touch-based custom recovery image developed especially for the Android system, which is updated with material designed to TWRP 3.1.0. Keep in mind that before installing TWRP recovery, make sure that the bootloader of Mi 6X is unlocked, otherwise you can’t root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery on it.
With the help of rooting your phone, you can:
- Flash custom ROMs
- Uninstall Pre-installed (System) Apps
- Increase battery life
- Backup and restore your data easily
- The performance by killing background running apps
- Install Mods developed by Android Communities and much more
Before proceeding don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. Because while rooting Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery on it, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you want to root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP recovery then go ahead and follow the given steps.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Xiaomi Mi 6X during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on Xiaomi Mi 6X before starting the flashing process. We recommend keeping everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Xiaomi Mi 6X USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Xiaomi Mi 6X smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
You May Also Like:
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi 6X And Install TWRP Recovery:
1: First of all transfer the SuperSU zip package to your Xiaomi Mi 6X that you have already downloaded from the above link.
2: Now rename Xiaomi Mi 6X TWRP Recovery file to recovery.img.
3: Move recovery.img to platform-tools folder in the Android SDK folder.
4: After moving the image to Android SDK folder, connect Xiaomi Mi 6X to your PC via USB cable.
5: Now launch a command prompt window from inside the platform-tools folder and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
6: After the bootloader screen appears on the screen of your Xiaomi Mi 6X, type this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7: After the Recovery flashing process completes, give the following command:
8: Just reboot your Xiaomi Mi 6X into recovery mode to flash SuperSU by giving this command:
adb reboot recovery
9: Simply tap on the Install option in TWRP, browse UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip where you’ve transferred. Select it.
It will take some time, wait till it’s flashed after confirming the installation.
10: Now you’ll need to reboot your Xiaomi Mi 6X by navigating to Reboot > System option.
These were the easy steps to root Xiaomi Mi 6X and install TWRP Recovery on it.
Congrats! Your Xiaomi Mi 6X is now rooted, and TWRP Recovery is installed on it successfully. To confirm that either your Xiaomi Mi 6X is properly rooted or not, download and install the Root Checker app from the Play Store.