Samsung recently rolled out the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge users. This brand new OTA update is available for Bell Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge that comes with build number G925W8VLU4CPG2. As you know that Samsung pushes the official firmware updates in stages, so you might receive the OTA notification on your device but if the update is not yet arrived in your region or if for some reason you’ve not yet installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge then we have a detailed step-by-step guide on how to flash VLU4CPG2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge.
All you need to download the OTA firmware file and have Odin flashing tool on your PC from the given links. Samsung developed Odin tool especially for their devices. Now proceed to the given guide below.
|Model name||Galaxy S6 edge|
|Country||Canada (Bell Mobile)|
|Build date||Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:32:46 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2016-07-01|
This guide containing the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware is working with the Galaxy S6 Edge G925W8. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device. First check the model number of your phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 Edge G925W8 during or after the installation of official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Bell Galaxy S6 Edge, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S6 Edge USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S6 Edge by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S6 Edge is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Update Bell Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1:- Download the official Android 6.0.1 G925W8VLU4CPG2 Marshmallow firmware on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Once the download is completed, extract the archived contents. Please note that do not further unzip G925W8VLU4CPG2 tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3:- Power OFF the Galaxy S6 Edge in order to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Next, press and hold (simultaneously) the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons on your SGS 6 Edge.
Step No 5:- Launch Odin.exe on your PC.
Step No 6:- Connect Galaxy S6 Edge with the your computer using its USB data cable. Wait for a while for Odin to detect the device. If the drivers are correctly installed then the device will be detected.
Step No 7:- Now, click on the AP button in Odin.
Step No 8:- Browse and load the G925W8VLU4CPG2 tar.md5 firmware file in Odin.
Step No 9:- In Odin flashing tool, click on START button to initiate the Android 6.0.1 firmware installation process.
Once the firmware installation is completed successfully, the PASS alert will be displayed on Odin and the Galaxy S6 Edge will reboot. Disconnect the device from the PC.
Galaxy S6 Edge will take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware update.
You have successfully installed G925W8VLU4CPG2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Let us know in the comments area below in case of any issue.