Download and Install Android P Beta on Essential Phone: As we all know that the latest Android OS for now called as the Android P is just around the corner and why should it not be? I mean it’s been quite a while since the Android OS received such major UI changes and guess what? This software is special and incredible in many ways than you can imagine. Since Google has announced in the I/O 2018, the first beta version of Android P for its Pixel smartphones. It also announced it for seven other OEM device which includes the Sony Xperia XZ2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Nokia 7 Plus, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21, OnePlus 6, and of course, the Essential Phone.
Now if you are looking for a way to download and install Android P Beta on Essential phone then you have landed in the right place because we are about to show you just that.
Let’s get going.
First things First; Download The ADB and Flashboot On Your Computer
First and foremost you need to have the ADB and flash boot installed on your computer. Here’s a guide on how you can do that
Requirements And Steps To Take Before The Installation:
Here’s a list of requirements you need to complete before stepping into the process of downloading.
- USB Debugging must be enabled on your Essential smartphone.
- You will need an Essential PH-1 which is running on the latest stock firmware from Essential
- You will also require a Mac, Windows or Linux computer with ADB and Fastboot installed on it.
- Keep your phone fully charged in order to avoid unexpected shutdowns in the process
- Have all your data backed up in a safe place because data loss will occur in the process.
Now Download the Android P Beta OTA:
After completing the requirements you can now visit the P developer Preview webpage where you scroll down and click the option that says: Download and Flash the Android P Developer Preview. You will be asked to share your information, on a page that follows after you click the download button. After filling in the information, submit it, you will now be redirected to the download page where you will get two different files, select the OTA file because we want to flash the OTA. Afterward, you need to transfer the folder to the platform-tools folder. Generally, it is the folder where your ADB is installed.
Steps on How to Install Android P Beta on Essential PH-1:
1. After you are done with all the pre-steps now you have to step into the real game. Here’s a step by step guide on how to download and Install Android P Beta on Essential Phone in order to help you carry out the process smoothly.
2. Launch your PC or laptop and have your phone connected to it via the data cable. Also, enable the USB Debugging mode.
3. Now boot your Essential smartphone into the recovery mode. To do so write down the following ADB command
adb root recovery
4. Now you have to open a menu in the recovery mode to carry out further processing for which you need to press the power and the volume up button once, the menu will now appear, select the option that says “apply update from ADB”
5. After doing so, you need to enter a command “adb devices” in order to make sure that the word sideload will appear next to the name of your device in the command window which is extremely important. Now use the following command to sideload the updated zip to your device
adb sideload <path to>OTA.zip
6. Now from the above command replace the text <path to> to the path of the file of the downloaded OTA. Replace the text OTA.zip with the original file name, after which your file should look somewhat like this.
adb sideload C:\Users\username\Desktop\PPR1.180412.048.zip
7. You can now see the command prompt in terms of percent. After the system reaches 100% you now need to reboot the system for which select “reboot system now”.
Be patient because this reboot is going to take quite some time as will the installation since you are installing a whole new set of things to your phone.
That was all about the guide on How to Download and Install Android P Beta on Essential Phone we hope that you found our article informative, let us know if you have any queries, we’d be glad to help, until next time, with another article.