Today, we are sharing a step-by-step guide on how to download and install official Android Oreo EMUI 8.0 update on Honor 8 Pro. Being an Honor 8 Pro user, you’ll be glad to know that the latest Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 for Honor 8 Pro [DUK-L09] is now available for download. You can easily install this official firmware on your Honor 8 Pro by following the given guidelines. You can install the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo for DUK-L09 via OTA. The update comes with enhanced performance, security and you can get more out of your device with EMUI 8.0 fresh experience.
If you are ready to flash EMUI 8.0 on Honor 8 Pro or wish to manually Update Honor 8 Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo then follow our detailed guide to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo On Honor 8 Pro. Honor 8 Pro EMUI 8.0 update comes with many new features and bug fixes. Check out some of the highlighted features of EMUI 8.0:
- Floating Navigation Dock
- Home screen shortcuts
- Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability
- Fluidity and speed
Honor is currently rolling out the OTA update in batches, as is usually the case with OTA updates. Here is an easy method that will help you to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 for Honor 8 Pro variants. We’ll use Firmware Finder to find the firmware and then will flash it using OTA ROM Flasher. If you have unlocked the bootloader already and replaced the stock recovery, then a manual installation is probably the only way to get the official Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update on your Honor 8 Pro.
- Your device must be running on an unrooted stock EMUI firmware
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 70% charged to avoid the accidental shutdown during installation.
Check Popular Posts:
- Unlocked bootloader
- TWRP recovery
- Full OTA ROM files
There are different variants of the Honor 8 Pro for different regions, but barring a couple of minor tweaks such as VoLTE for the Indian variant, pretty much everything else remains the same. Here’s the complete changelog for the Indian variant.
- VOLTE calls enabled for Vodafone and JIO.
- EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), it’s also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.
- A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen. Newly added home screen shortcuts let you quickly access the app features you use most frequently. Simply touch and hold an app icon to display a shortcut menu.
- You can drag your navigation to anywhere on the screen once you enabled this brand-new feature.
- How to set:Go to Setting > Smart assistance > System navigation > Navigation dock Or drop down status bar > Navigation dock.
- Long-tap on parts of apps launcher icons, a shortcut menu will display.
- You can Tap and drag a shortcut to pin it to the device’s launcher.
- Play Store, Settings, Gallery, Dialler, Contacts, Messaging, Camera, Email, Themes, Clock, Calendar, Notepad, Sound Recorder, Downloads etc. support the feature.
- Improved false touch protection functionality reduces unintended operations on the touch screen in a wider range of scenarios.
- Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
- Enjoy enhanced protection for your system, privacy, and data with new updates to system security and PrivateSpace.
- The PrivateSpace menu has been optimized, making it easier to create a PrivateSpace on your device. Files can now be moved between the MainSpace and PrivateSpace with ease.
- AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and images thumbnails load rapidly even in huge volumes.
- Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
- Settings have been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.
- Gallery new features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
- Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
- Take sweeping 3D panoramas, set 3D dynamic lock screen wallpapers, and discover new possibilities with a host of new features and settings.
Use Portrait mode to effortlessly capture glossy, celebrity-worthy portrait shots with stylish bokeh effects.
Google Security Patches
- Google security patches are merged to make your device more secure.
- Download Firmware Finder (Download firmware for Huawei/Honor)
- Download Full OTA ROM Flasher
How to Download Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update via Firmware Finder:
- First, download the Firmware Finder from the above given link on the desktop of your PC and extract it.
- After extracting the zipped file, you will find a FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe file inside the folder. Double-click on the file to run.
- The main screen of Firmware Finder application will display. Select your Huawei device by clicking on the Choose a model for the search button.
You can easily find the model number of your device by navigating to Settings -> About Phone -> Model Number.
- Select the appropriate model number from the list.
- Now, search the firmware for the device by going to the second tab inside the application and click on Start button at the top which will begin the process of searching for the firmware.
- Download the firmware.
How to install Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update via TWRP
- Once the OTA firmware is downloaded using Firmware Finder, extract the Full_OTA_ROM_Flasher zip file and you should get a folder of the same name.
- You’ll find several recovery image files as well as another Flasher zip file inside the folder.
- Move the downloaded update files inside this folder. For example, if you have downloaded the full OTA update for the Indian variant, move the update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip, and update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip files inside the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder.
- Copy/Paste the folder into the root folder of your SD card on the device and reboot it into recovery mode.
Boot Honor 8 Pro into Recovery Mode
Power OFF your Honor Pro 8. Power it ON by pressing the Volume Up and Power button. Let go of the Power button when the device vibrates. This should boot your Honor 8 Pro into recovery mode.
- While the device is now in TWRP recovery, select Install and then navigate to the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher folder.
- Select the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher.zip inside the folder and swipe at the bottom to flash.
- The installer will do everything for you and you should see your device reboot and install the update via the stock EMUI recovery.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions related to the above guide on how to download and install official Android Oreo EMUI 8.0 Update on Honor 8 Pro.