In this detailed guide, we’ll tell you that how to install Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5T. An incredible improvement and advancement have been noticed in the sphere of technology over the past few years. There have been some amazing software developments and updates at an immensely fast pace and beautiful innovations. And now Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5T is also available to download on your device. The latest firmware update OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T has brought in a lot of fixes and improvement in the launcher and system along with some new apps as well. So if you own any of these two devices, here you can easily download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T from the guide given below.
- 0.1 What is OxygenOs?
- 0.2 OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 Features:
- 0.3 Conditions to Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T:
- 0.4 Important Prerequisites to Remember Before you Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T:
- 1 How to Download/Install OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5/5T:
What is OxygenOs?
OnePlus 5 was released in 2016 with an anodized metal back and comes with a QualcommSnapdragon 835 chipset clocked at 2.45 GHz, with up to 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. The device has TWRP and root access and was launched with OxygenOS 4.5 based on Android 7.1.1.
OnePlus 5T was released on 21 November 2017 with the highlighted display features of a near-bezel-less 6.01″ Full Optic 1080×2160 AMOLED “Sunlight “.play”. One plus 5T is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdr on835 and a choice of 6 or 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM. The device also with homes in 64 and 128 GB storage options. The OnePlus 5T was originally shipped with Android 7.1.1 “.Nougat”.
OxygenOS is a specially customized version of Android mobile operating system developed by OnePlus for their smartphones primarily for their overseas market.
The update is essentially related to “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you can only receive the OTA if you are in previous Open Beta build. On the other hand, if this is not the case, you will have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. Once you have flashed OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5T and OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5, you will continue getting the OTA in the future unless you change it.
OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 Features:
1. The Launcher has been updated to v2.3
2. You can now see new categories when you use the search icon in the drawer
3. When you add similar applications, the updated system will help you automatically name the new folder you have just created.
4. The Clock icon is now dynamic in the latest update.
5. The Blue notification dots are also present to notify you everytime of a newly installed app that will now be removed automatically after 15 days.
6. All the new added helpful tips for first use of the launcher
7. The system update is adapted to Optimizations for logic managing high power consumption applications and a more intelligent background application management solution.
8. Improved power consumption measurements as well to make you aware of every bit you consume.
9. Various other bug fixes and OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore. Now moving and locating your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever with this updated system.
10. Also, a new clipboard feature has been added which is activated while copying information. You can edit the text copied and then choose to “Search, Translate, or Share”
12. You will have an enhanced experience when deleting files and managing large files.
13. An interesting and important feature, perhaps, where you can access more caller information now during incoming call notification.
Check Popular Posts:
Conditions to Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T:
1. You can download and install this update if you have already flashed an Open Beta or you are currently running the latest Open Beta.
2. If you are NOT running open beta software currently, then, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found on the official downloads page.
3. Note that once you move to the Beta path, from now onwards, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs and not future,r Official Stable OTAs. This means that if you wish future, back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path in future, it will require a full install and clean flash to be performed essentially.
Important Prerequisites to Remember Before you Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T:
1. This method is only for the OnePlus 5/5T and you should not follow this to update any other device.
2. It is highly advised that you follow the steps correctly otherwise you may damage your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
3. Although it will not erase your data, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed to ensure a safe process.
4. Make sure that your phone has at least 70 percent battery level to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Download/Install OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5/5T:
1) Download Open Beta ROM for OnePlus 5/5T from this link.
2) Now copy the file to internal storage of your phone.
3) Next, you will have to Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
4) From the options available click on “Install from Internal Storage/Install from Local“.
5) Navigate to your .zip file and tap on “Install” to confirm.
6) You have successfully downloaded OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for your OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T
1) First of all, Enable USB debugging option from developer option under the settings icon. Remember that to enable Developer Options, you have to go to About phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number.
2) Now download ADB and fastboot driver for windows (or else ADB and Fastboot for Mac) and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 OTA zip file for OnePlus 5 from the link above to copy ROM to a folder where adb is already installed.
4) Next turn OFF your phone and boot the device into Recovery Mode.
5) Choose Install from USB and connect your phone to Laptop/PC
6) Within ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command prompt.
7) Now you can check your connection by typing the command given below
This means that if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM.
8) You are all ready to flash the OxygADB, Open Beta 4/2 on OnePlus 5/5T, y typing the command given below.
adb sideload File Name.zip
9) Now, wait for the process to complete and Reboot your phone again.
10) You have successfully installed the update.
So download OxygenOS Open Beta 4/2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T and flash it on your device with the steps given above and do let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.