Today we are going to tell you how to install the Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 on Huawei Mate 9. The new EMUI 8.0 is being updated on most of the Huawei devices. Some of Huawei devices have received this update officially and other have updated through beta channels. The EMUI 8.0 has some new cool features like Picture in Picture. Most of the Huawei Mate 9 users have already received the OTA but if you still have not received officially then we are going to guide you that how to install it on your Huawei Mate 9 manually.
To flash new ROMs or software you need to ROOT your device and rooting your device is sometimes not safe. Rooting your smartphone will also void your device warranty. If you still to do it then please proceed at your own risk.
- Create a backup of all your important stuff like messages, pictures, everything because when you will flash the ROM it will delete all of them
- You have to make sure that your bootloader is unlocked. To install the TWRP custom recovery you need to unlock the bootloader
- Install ADB and USB drivers on your computer
- These methods to install the EMUI 8.0 is only for Huawei Mate 9 do not try these methods on other smartphones.
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L29/MHA-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B321
- Build Number – MHA-L29 18.104.22.1681 (C432log/C636log)
- Region – Europe/Asia
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
How To Update Huawei Mate 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo Based EMUI 8.0:
- First of all, you will need to download the right firmware for your smartphone device which we have attached in the download section below, so you can download from there and extract the HWOTA8 package on your computer
- Now turn on your smartphone in fastboot mode, to do this, you have to first turn off your smartphone and then reboot it by pressing and holding and then connect it to your computer.
- Install the TWRP recovery in your computer by clicking on the Replace_Recovery.bat file.
- When the TWRP recovery is installed in your device, disconnect it from the computer.
- Now boot it in recovery mode by holding volume and power buttons
- Now connect your device to PC by using a USB cable.
- In your device, internal storage create HWOTA8 named folder
- Copy hwota8_update.zip, MHA_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.img, and firmware in the internal storage of your device in the folder named HWOTA8
- Select install from the TWRP menu and then located HWOTA8 folder in internal storage of your device.
- Now select hwota8_update.zip and then just swipe to flash the ROM to start flashing the ROM.
- Now wait till the update installs after the update is done, you can use your device normally and enjoy the EMUI 8.0 Oreo-based on your Huawei Mate 9.