We are sharing a step-by-step guide on how to install Razer phone May 2018 Security Update factory images. The latest May 2018 security patch update is now available for the Razer phone, also known as gamer’s machine. This update also bring OEM introduces portrait mode to the device apart from the security level upgrade. The May 2018 Security update also brings the current software Android 8.1 Oreo multi-touch bug fix and lock Apps feature in the recent Apps section. You can get this new firmware update via OTA having build number OPM1.171019.011-RZR-180509.5038. But if the OTA (over-the-air) update is not yet available in your region then still you can install the Razer phone May 2018 security update factory images.
The size of this May 2018 Security Update is about 366.3 MB. So you can easily upgrade your phone to this firmware update manually. To check the OTA update, navigate to Settings > System > System Update > Check for update on your Razer phone. If the update is available you will get a notification prompt to download and install it. But manually you can also install the Razer phone May 2018 security update factory images. Here, we have given all the carrier specific factory images for Razer phone carrying the latest month’s security patch and other updates. Go to the download section below and by following given instructions, you can simply flash them on Razer phone.
Download Razer phone May 2018 Security Update Factory Images
- Razer phone Global Factory Image | OPM1.171019.011-RZR-180509.5038
- Carrier Specific Razer Phone Image (CKH) | OPM1.171019.011-CKH-180509.5037
- 2nd Carrier Specific Razer Phone Image (CKH) | OPM1.171019.011-CKH-180429.4069
How To Install the Razer phone May 2018 Security Update Factory Images:
Please note that the stock factory images given in this guide are working only with Razer phones. Do not try to flash them on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidXda.net will not responsible for any kind of damage that may occur to your phone before or after the installation process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a complete backup of your phone, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Download and install the USB drivers for Razer phones.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Razer phone is about 70 to 80% before flashing the stock image.
- You need to unlock your bootloader in order to perform this factory image flashing.
- Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty of your device.