The new Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is a very attractive phone with great performance and elegant design which is making it more popular all over the world. However, there is considered to be a problem with its operating system. The built-in Android OS in Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is old considering that Android Marshmallow is running above all.
Anyways, there is nothing to worry about as Samsung is soon going to release its official OTAs for the C9 pro to keep it safe. The Stock Android OS can be installed in C9 Pro by many methods but installing it through Odin is the easiest and safest which can easily be understood by reading the given simple steps we have mentioned in this guide.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy C9 Pro, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy C9 Pro USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A3 A310F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Galaxy C9 Pro will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy C9 Pro, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
How to: Manually Install Stock Android OS on Samsung Galaxy C9 using Odin:
Odin can be used to upgrade or downgrade the Android operating system. The method all the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro users can use in order to manually install the Stock android by using is as follows:
- First of all, you need to run Odin program on your computer with Administrator privileges.
- Now the next step is to download the Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by navigating to the above-given link in the download section.
- After that, install the Galaxy C9 Pro USB drivers in your Computer.
- Enter your device into Download Mode. To do so, turn it OFF then press and keep holding the volume down and it’s home button at the same time.
- Now you need to connect your phone to Computer with its USB data cable.
- Now make it sure that you don’t check the Auto Reboot and the Repartition options.
- Click on start to initiate the flashing process. Wait while Android OS is flashed on your phone.
- Then reboot your device and safely unplug it from Computer.
- If in the flashing process Odin stuck, then close the program, remove the USB and force restart your device install the drivers again and repeat all these steps.
- If your smartphone hangs in a boot loop, you have to go into recovery mode and initiate a hard factory reset and clear cache and wipe the data factory reset.
Here you have it, that’s how you install a Stock Android OS on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. If you are using the Stock OS this is not for you, but if you want to try something different you can install a custom ROM like lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android. In this case, you can select Android 8.0 version Oreo base platform but if you want to flash a custom ROM you will lose your phone warranty. So, be careful and keep it safe in order to get reliable and desired results.
If you want further help on updating OS you can contact us by leaving a comment below. Also keep visiting us we will show you other Android related tips, tricks, and tutorials for your smartphones.