When it comes to the android phone, most of the users regularly do one activity that is taking backup of the device information. When compared to other operating systems in the market, Android OS offers unlimited freedom for the user to play with it. Moreover, if you rooted your device, then it opens plenty of new opportunities for you to use more powerful apps and new ROMs.
When you customize your device, it will make your device totally messed up that may not start or enter a boot loop. There are many reasons for their undesired behaviour and your data or apps might be lost forever. Why do you need to take risks? Simply, so a Nandroid backup now and safeguard your valuable information. In the article, you come to know about how to perform Nandroid backup and restore it back to the device.
What is Nandroid backup?
Before entering into the topic, let you know what Nandroid backup is. It is the complete backup of the Android device. Complete in the sense it backup everything on your phone including apps, data, current ROM, and Kernel. Actually, it is just creating a full-fledged system image of your Android device, which can be restored later when it is needed.
If you use Nandroid backup, your phone is backed up safely and completely. Keep in mind that this process does not back up SD card data because the Nandroid backup itself stored on your SD card. Thus, make sure you have enough storage on your SD card to make entire device copy and take a manual copy if needed.
Prerequisites you need to perform Nandroid backup:
- Rooted device that means having a Smartphone with root access
- Do custom recovery as OS backup cannot be achieved while it is running
Procedure to perform Nandroid backup:
You can perform Nandroid backup either through recovery or ROM manager. Here, you will know the procedure to do Nandroid backup through recovery option.
Boot into Recovery Mode:
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now Tap on Backup button.
- Select the partitions to create the backup.
- Now do swipe to backup.
Restore from Nandroid backup:
Follow the same instruction as you have followed in the backup process till choosing backup and restore option. To start the restore process,
- To restore the backup data, select the Restore option in the main menu.
- Select the backup file from storage.
- It will take some time to complete restoring files.
- Reboot your device once done.
Hope you have successfully backup your data. If you face any issues, let us know in the comment section below.