crDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM was previously released for the N7100 variant of Galaxy Note 2 and now the latest CyanogenMod 12 custom firmware based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop has been released for the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 variant. Being a Note 2 N7105 owner you’ll be glad to know that the popular CyanogenMod team released the stable Nightly build of CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) ROM for your Note 2. Some prominent features ported into Android 5.0.2 are:
- A new theme engine
- Quick settings ribbon mode
- Lock-screen quick unlock
- Navigation bar reorganization
- Sound panel customization
- Quick settings reorganization
Stock firmwares are always better but custom ROMs comes with a lot of awesome features, tweaks and customizations. Samsung has not officially confirmed the release date of Lollipop for Galaxy Note 2. But you can still update the device to Android 5.0.2 based CM12 Lollipop. Below we’ve given a step by step guide that has all the instructions to flash this latest Google’s OS version on your Note 2. In this tutorial we’ll use a recovery like philz_touch 6.48.4 or TWRP 18.104.22.168 and then will flash the ROM and Google Apps package. But before going ahead, checkout the list of fully functional and partially working or those that are not yet fully tested features:
Fully Working Features:
- Data and service, 3G/LTE work too fine.
- Camera work with mode front, please use camera google from CHplay (Flash SHIFT-CM12, camera work fine)
- Video clip work full and fine, too play with Sound and picture.
- Call Out/receive and sms/mms
Not Working/Untested or Partially Working Features:
- Sensor promixity issues in call can be fixed by flashing this file.
- GPS is still untested and hence it is not certain if it will work as expected.
- NFC not working
- Volume sound on call very low (gently press button volume down=>sound volume will normal)
This guide can be used only for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 (international variant). Do not try to install the given CM12 based Android 5.0.2 Lollipop given on this guide on any incorrect variant, as a result it might brick your device. You can check the device’s model by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any damage or mishap occurred to your device during or after the installation of CM12 ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of your all important data and settings using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod(CWM) or TWRP to create a full image of the existing data. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Note 2 by going to Settings > Developer Options
- For Android 2.3 or earlier users: Settings > Applications > Development
- Download and install the right Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 should be rooted with CWM recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery of your phone is at least 70% charged before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 Lollipop Nightly ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM:
Step No 1:- First, download Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 custom ROM (cm-12-20150121-NIGHTLY-t0lte.zip) and Google Apps Package on the desktop of your PC for Galaxy Note 2.
Step No 2:- Plug your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 to the PC via its USB data cable and mount its USB Mass Storage.
Step No 3:- Transfer the Android 5.0.2 CM12 Nightly ROM .zip file that you’ve already downloaded on the desktop of the PC, to the root folder of the SD Card of your phone.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy Note 2 N7105 from the computer and turn it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Turn ON the device by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time.
Step No 6:- The Galaxy Note 2 will be entered into CWM Recovery, from here you’ll need to perform a full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- You can use the Volume keys to navigate between options
- Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode
Step No 7:- Perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loop issues and other errors related to boot ROM while installing the firmware.
Step No 8:- Go back to the main menu of recovery and from there choose Install Zip from SD card > Choose Zip fromSD card.
Step No 9:- Navigate to the Android 5.0.2 CM12 Nightly ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone. Select it by tapping the Power button and confirm the installation process to start.
Step No 10:- Install Google Apps (Gapps) package on the phone by repeating the above 2 steps.
Step No 11:- After the installation is completed, navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” and from the Recovery Menu, select Reboot System Now.
The Galaxy Note 2 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes while booting up for the first time after installation.
That’s All! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM.
Tell us in the comments area below if you have any query or issue while installing CM12 Nightly ROM based Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy Note 2.