We have some good news for Huawei P9 Lite (VNS) owners, your device can now be updated to the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM. Now a days Huawei is one of the biggest brands in the world, so many developers work on Huawei devices and in this detailed guide we provide you the new build of Lineage OS 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. After the death of CyanogenMod, the Lineage OS is the company which has taken control of CyanogenMod services. All the lovers of CyanogenMod will get future updates in the name of lineageOS. This latest custom firmware comes with many new features like bundled notification, improved battery optimization, supports theme manager, Audio FX, multi-window options, night mode and much more. Also, the Lineage OS 14.1 is the best custom ROM for performance and gaming. This ROM is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM. Your device must be rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) should be already installed on Huawei P9 Lite in order to flash this Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your Huawei P9 Lite to Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. This is a stable build and brings many new improvements, changes, system optimization and can be used as a daily driver. Before proceeding, don’t forget to a take full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei P9 Lite via Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given steps.
The Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei P9 Lite. Check the model number of your Huawei P9 Lite from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei P9 Lite USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei P9 Lite should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei P9 Lite is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei P9 Lite with Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei P9 Lite.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Huawei P9 Lite. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Huawei P9 Lite to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the P9 Lite is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on your Huawei P9 Lite.