Here is how to download/install Android 7.1.2 Nougat AOSPExtended ROM on Xiaomi Note 5. Xiaomi Note 5 is an entry-level Android phone that comes with 2GHz Octa-Core snapdragon 625 Processor, 3GB/4GB RAM, and 32/64GB ROM. The device has a 5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 display. Also, Note 5 brings a dual tone flash with a 12MP Rear camera and 4000mAH battery. If you want to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Note 5 via AOSPExtended ROM then proceed to the installation guide.
Being a Xiaomi Note 5 user, you’ll be happy to know that now you can get the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.2 on your device. Thanks to the AOSPExtended team for sharing this amazing 7.1.2 Nougat based custom ROM for Note 5. By following the given detailed guide, you can easily flash this custom ROM on your device. The latest build of this custom ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, so go ahead and follow the given guide to update Xiaomi Note 5 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via AOSPExtended ROM.
In order to flash this latest Nougat based custom ROM on your Xiaomi Note 5, you’ll need to have root access and a TWRP custom recovery pre-installed on your device. We have given the direct links to download the AOSPExtended Android 7.1.2 ROM and Google Apps package. Just download these files on your PC and follow the give instructions to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Note 5.
Please note that the AOSPExtended ROM is a custom ROM which is not officially released by Xiaomi. You may find some minor bugs or not functioning features but still, you can use it as a daily driver.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Xiaomi Note 5 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Xiaomi Note 5 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Check Popular Posts:
Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xiaomi Note 5 via AOSPExtended
- First, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Note 5 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring completes, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. Here you can find a detailed guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat AOSPExtended ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 7.1.2 Nougat AOSPExtended ROM on Xiaomi Note 5.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 7.1.2 Nougat AOSPExtended ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.