Download / Install J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security Update for Galaxy J4: Samsung has recently released the April 2018 security patch update over-the-air and now it is the time to upgrade your Galaxy J4 to May 2018 Security update. After upgrading Galaxy J4 to the latest firmware, the build number will move to J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8. The new firmware update comes with seven critical vulnerabilities which were found in the Android operating system. Also, the update contains some of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities fixes. May 2018 Security Patch J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 is based on Android 7.1 Nougat and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy J4.
The Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security update is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy J4 and hit the download to upgrade your device to May 2018 Security Patch J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security update on Galaxy J4. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy J4.
- 1 Check Software Update on Galaxy J4?
Please note that Android 7.1 Nougat May 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy J4.
Galaxy J4 J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 7.1
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8
- Region: Global
- Network: Unlocked
Check Software Update on Galaxy J4?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy J4, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy J4. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy J4 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
How To Install Galaxy J4 J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security Patch:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J4.
Download Galaxy J4 J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security Update
- Download J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 | Mirror
- Install Samsung Kies Software
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now Download ODIN Software
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To Install J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security for Galaxy J4 using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed May 2018 Security Update J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 on Galaxy J4 based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy J4.