OnePlus team released the official update Hydrogen OS based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3 and 3T variants. Now the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat is available for both OnePlus 3 and 3T. The Hydrogen OS is mostly designed for the Chinese variants of the Oneplus devices but don’t worry, you can also install this update on an on the International variant of OnePlus 3 and 3T. OnePlus released the official update Android 7.1.1 Nougat Open Beta 3 for 3T and Beta 9 for 3 devices. This latest update is very stable, fast and comes with awesome performance. The Hydrogen OS update packed with all the features of Android Nougat and many other amazing customizations. OnePlus rolled out this latest update via OTA (Over – the – Air), so not all users can get it at the same time. If the firmware has not yet reached in your region and you can’t wait more then still you can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat update manually by following this step by step guide.
The Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update brings amazing features like new add photos, increased color temperature, increase the level of correction, support to add a custom watermark and much more. Not necessary but we strongly recommend to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update to OnePlus 3 and 3T then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3
- Download Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3T
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Hydrogen OS Official Firmware Android 7.1.1 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Nougat official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the Hydrogen OS update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.