The compact phone OnePlus X was a hit, the moment it hit the stores and was out of stock just within a few days. The phone works perfectly fine 2 years after its release in November 2015. The only complaint the users have with OnePlus is the failure to update their devices beyond Android 6.1 Marshmallow. OnePlus stopped sending out OTA’s after the Marshmallow update and the users are disappointed in that. Even though one plus started with a partnership with CyanogenMod, things did not seem to work out well between them. But with loads of developers out there supporting the OnePlus X, we have for you the Lineage Os for OnePlus X.
The Lineage Os which is the renamed version of CyanogenMod brings to you a mixture of customization and stability along with a lag-free performance.Make sure you read all the steps and follow them all to install the OS successfully. Make sure your device is unlocked and rooted before starting the installation. Even though rooting your device does not void the warranty in case of a OnePlus device, other modifications which can damage your device are not covered under warranty.
- Audio FX
- Theme Engine
- Editable Quick Settings Toggle
- Live Display
- New Launcher (Pixel Style)
- Protected App
Not all features may work perfectly, but this is a nightly release so, it is stable and can be used as a daily driver without any issues.
Disclaimer: The instructions provided have been tested out to work perfectly. Androidblog.gs or any developers/owners are not responsible for any damage incurred by your device. Please try it at your own risk.
Things to Remember
- This tutorial is specifically for OnePlus X. Please do not try this on any other phone.
- Make sure your phone is running Marshmallow bootloader.
- Your device must have an Unlocked Bootloader to install a custom Rom. Please check it out here.
- A custom recovery (TWRP) should be installed prior to the ROM installation on your phone. Check the tutorial here
- For a seamless experience, a clean install which requires a complete wipe of your device. Backup all your data before proceeding.
- Make sure your battery is above 50 percent to prevent failure during installation.
- ROM : Lineage OS 14.1
- Gapps: Download ARM 7.1 Nano from here.
Steps to Flash Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus X:
- Download the latest build of Lineage OS and Gapps from the links provided.
- Copy those two files to the root folder of the sd card.
- Now reboot the phone into the custom recovery mode previously installed. (Power off the phone and press Volume Down + Power key)
- Now take Backup if required. Select the Backup option and follow instructions to backup all your data.
- After backing up your data, perform a factory reset by selecting Wipe option in TWRP, then swipe on Swipe to Factory reset.
- Then go back to the main menu and press the install button. Then select the files that you previously copied to the root of the sdcard.
- After selecting the files swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash to start the installation.
- The installation may take a few minutes and will read “Successful” on completion.
- Reboot your phone by pressing Reboot System on the same screen
You have Successfully Installed Lineage OS 14.1 on your OnePlusX and can start using Android 7.1 Nougat on your device.