In this guide, we are going to share easy steps to download and install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto G5S Plus. Motorola announced Moto G5S Plus (codename: sanders) in August 2017. This smartphone came with Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. We have some good news for you that Mokee OS has started rolling for Moto G5S Plus based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Follow the given link and download Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo for Moto G5S Plus from the official Mokee website. Now, go ahead to download and install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP already installed on your Moto G5S Plus to flash the ROM. Also, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of Moto G5S Plus to install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 8.1 Oreo-based Mokee OS and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Mokee OS custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned that how to make a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones. Now follow the guide to Install Mokee OS on Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Motorola Moto G5S Plus only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Motorola phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Motorola device on your PC.
- If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Download Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo:
Steps To Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable. Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Motorola Moto G5S Plus with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto G5S Plus with Android P Look.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.