Download / Install Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update: The latest Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware update with build number OPS27.76-12-25 is now available for the Moto Z2 Play devices. Thanks to the XDA members raphamfc HTCDevil and Junior Passos for their efforts and providing them for the OTA ZIP file. OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update is currently rolling via OTA in many countries and various Moto Z2 Play owners have already received the update on their devices. Proceed to the given guide to get links to Download Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update.
This latest Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update comes with performance and system stability improvements. The size of the firmware update is about 1.12GB so we recommend using a stable WiFi connecting to download the firmware on your device. As we have mentioned that OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update is currently available via OTA (over-the-air) in the various regions but it will take some time to reach all the corners of the world. So if you have not yet received the OTA update notification on your device then still you can manually flash this firmware.
If you want to Install Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update then follow the given guide carefully. This update brings Google’s Latest April 2018 Security Patch as well as many bug fixes which were present in the previous build. After updating your Moto Z2 Play, you can enjoy all the Oreo features like Picture-in-Picture mode and notification dots to the device.
- 0.1 Check Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-257 April 2018 Security Patch (Oreo Update) Manually:
- 0.2 Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update Details:
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements:
- 0.4 Warning:
- 0.5 Required Files:
- 1 How To Install Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update (Android 8.0)
Check Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-257 April 2018 Security Patch (Oreo Update) Manually:
- Navigate to Settings and scroll down to About Phone
- Go to System Update, if the update is available then you can see it here.
- On the availability of the new update, just install it then click on “YES, I’M IN“
But for any reason, no updates are available then wait for few days manually download and flash the firmware. By following the given instructions, you can easily install Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-257 April 2018 Security Patch.
Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update Details:
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): April 1, 2018
- Build number: OPS27.76-12-257
- Build fingerprint: 8.0 / OPS27.76-12-257/1
- The battery level of your phone should be at least about 70 to 80% before proceeding to the installation.
- Download Moto Z2 Play USB Drivers on your PC.
- Create a proper Backup of your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps without Root
- Your computer must have ADB and Fastboot installed.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Moto Z2 Play Oreo OTA update file – Download
- Download Moto Z2 Play Oreo Factory Image – Download
How To Install Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update (Android 8.0)
Here, we are going to share 3 different methods to install this latest Oreo update firmware on Moto Z2 Play.
Method 1: Using .bat file
- First of all, download the mfastboot w/ script from the above link and unzip it to get a .bat file.
- Run the .bat file to initiate the installation process.
Method 2: ADB and fastboot method
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC. How To?
- Copy/Paste the downloaded update firmware file into the ADB folder
- Now, boot Moto Z2 Play into recovery mode
- Choose Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your Moto Z2 Play to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and within the folder, click shift+right click to open command.
- Check the connection between your device and PC using the following command:
- If the connection is ok, then enter the following command to flash the update
adb sideload file_name.zip
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot the device.
Method 3: Using Recovery Mode:
- Move the downloaded update file on to the internal storage of your device (root folder).
- Turn OFF your phone.
- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up buttons at the same time to boot the device on to recovery mode.
- Select apply update from SD card and choose the downloaded update file.
- Reboot the device once the flashing process completes.
Done! You have successfully installed Moto Z2 Play OPS27.76-12-25 Oreo Update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or issue while updating your Moto Z2 Play.