We all know that Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not receive the Android Nougat update officially. But here we have some good news for you that Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 via NucleaROM custom firmware. All credit goes to the NucleaROM team to build this amazing custom firmware. Now you can enjoy all the latest features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat and get the experience of Android Nougat OS version on your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 without slowing it down. The NucleaROM is based on LineageOS 14.1 which brings all the latest features and customizations for your device. Also, this latest custom firmware is packed with all the official features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat and some aftermarket features through which you can modify and play with your device. This ROM is not officially announced by Samsung but just a custom ROM which is developed by XDA Developers. Your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) in order to flash this NucleaROM custom firmware on AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 to NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. This latest custom ROM brings tons of features, a lot of customization options, many improvements and enhances your system stability. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data because while installing this custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in installing the NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
NucleaRom Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM Features:
• Custom kernel included (Radioactive kernel)
• Custom ToolChains ROM/ KERNEL UBER/LINARO
• Nuclear Settings
• Customizable status bar (clock position, date, network indicators, battery style…) not yet implemented
• Gestures Anywhere
• Exclusive Nuclear Boot (thanks to zuk user Xals)
• Switch To Hide SuperSu from Status Bar
• Qualcomm Assertive Display
• Network traffic indicator
• Three finger swipe to screenshot
• Statusbar Clock Customizations
• add the ability to disable bar color in battery saver mode
• Show CPU info
• OmniSwitch as option for recent
• Proximity speaker
• Full OMS7 Support RootLess
• Add Dashboard Settings(Suggestions, Summaries, Columns..)
• Dt2s everywhere on lock screen
• All cm goodie
The NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 custom ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317. Check the model number of your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Note2 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Android 7.1.2 NucleaROM Custom Firmware
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Update Android 7.1.2 NucleaROM Nougat on Samsung AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317:
Step No 1: – First, download NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 custom ROM for AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317on the desktop of the PC.Step No 2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3: – Transfer NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Unplug the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – Wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors during ROM installation.
Step No 7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
Step No 8: – Navigate to the NucleaROM Android 7.1.2 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 will be reset and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.