The long-awaited Lineage OS is now finally available for the Huawei Honor 5X. This Official ROM is based on the latest Android Nougat which was released a few weeks ago officially for this device. If you have Huawei Honor 5X and want to upgrade your phone to the latest Android Nougat, then go ahead and follow the given guide. Please note that the ROM provided in this guide is a custom ROM, which is developed by the third party developers, not officially released by Huawei or with Google. Also, it can only replace the stock Android OS, means that you can only install the ROM manually.
Various users have tested the ROM and found it stable, secure and smooth as well as all the features, apps and capabilities will run without any issues, and it will let you use the built-in settings for customising and optimising the Android internal system. The ROM will improve the performance of your Huawei Honor 5X by tweaking the battery life and other capabilities. To install Lineage OS custom ROM, you’ll be required to hard reset your Honor 5X and clear your app data cache that prepares the internal storage system. So it’s highly recommended to take a complete backup of all your personal data like SMS, MMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Media Files, Apps, Internet settings, IMEI / NVRAM data, etc.
The Official Lineage OS Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei Honor 5X. Check the model number of your Huawei Honor 5X from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei Honor 5X USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei Honor 5X should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei Honor 5X is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 5X to Android Nougat with Official Lineage OS custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS Android Nougat custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei Honor 5X.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Honor 5X. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Honor 5X to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the Honor 5X is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the official Lineage OS Android Nougat ROM on your Huawei Honor 5X.