In this step-by-step guide, we’ll let you know that how to install/ to flash OTA Updates Zip File using Stock Recovery manually. You may already know that official firmware updates are rolling out in a phasewise manner. So not all users can get the OTA updates at the same time all over the world. If for some reason you have not received the OTA update or the update is not yet available in your region then still you can install it manually by following the given easy guide. This tutorial is working on all Android phones with stock recovery, but it is important to get the right OTA firmware file for the device, otherwise, your device will be soft bricked. Here, we will use the stock recovery that comes with the Android devices for installing the OTA updates zip files.
The whole process is very easy and simple. All you need to have the correct firmware update zip file to avoid any issues occurred to your phone. Also, verify that your phone is running on the stock recovery. Keep in mind that the process is only for OTA Updates Zip files, not Image files. Now proceed to install OTA updates zip file via Stock Recovery.
You can also flash the firmware update file using ADB and Fastboot method. If you have downloaded an update Zip file then you can follow this guide. How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB Fastboot Commands.
Check Popular Posts:
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Android phone before or after the flashing the OTA firmware update file. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a complete backup of all your existing data such as SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Audio, Video and other files. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging Option on your Android phone.
- Make sure your device comes with a Stock recovery.
- Download and install the correct Android USB Drivers on your PC.
- The battery of your phone should be charged at least 70% before begin started this process.
Download the appropriate OTA Firmware Update for your Android phone (.Zip File)
How To: Install / Flash OTA Updates Zip File via Stock Recovery
- First, download the correct OTA firmware update file.
- Copy/paste the OTA update .zip file to the root folder of internal storage of your phone
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode using the combination of different hardware buttons.
- While the Android phone is in recovery mode, use Volume (UP and Down) buttons for navigation and Power button to select an option.
- Browse and select the OTA Update Zip file that you want to flash.
- Next, choose the “Apply update” or “Apply update from phone storage” option.
- Select the OTA .zip file you have already transferred. Install it.
- After the installation process completes successfully, select reboot from recovery main menu.
That’s All! You have installed the latest OTA firmware update on your Android device.
If you have any question or trouble related to this post, feel free to tell us in the comments area below.