Today, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3 XL. Customizing Android devices by flashing custom ROMs is one of the beauties of Android. Using custom ROMs, you can enjoy a lot of amazing features that you can’t find in the regular OEM ROMs and get full control over each aspect of the UI. All you need to install a custom recovery tool and you may know that the TWRP Recovery is one of the best and popular custom recovery.
Android system is an open source platform, and you can easily customize it. In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to flash TWRP recovery on your Pixel 3/3 XL. TWRP allows you to easily access the internal Android file system running on your Google Pixel 3/3 XL. As you know that with TWRP recovery, you won’t have to deal with stock/default restrictions along with the classic operations that can be performed via recovery mode. TWRP recovery is based on CWM recovery that brings useful built-in features, friendlier UI and settings that can improve your Google Pixel 3/3 XL experience. You can now install TWRP recovery on Google Pixel 3/3 XL without losing root access with ease.
TWRP Recovery Features:
Now go ahead and follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3 XL to a rooted system that wasn’t possible due to some additional restrictions added by Google. After flashing TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel you can:
- Make Nandroid backups
- Install custom kernels for speeding up things
- Flashing custom ROMs
- Overclocking CPU frequencies for upgrading the battery life.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Google Pixel 3/3 XL during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your device.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos and audio files on Google Pixel 3/3 XL before starting the flashing process. It is recommended to keep everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- You’ll need a Windows-based PC for this process to install the Google Pixel 3/3 XL USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Google Pixel 3/3 XL smartphone is enough. It should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3 XL:
1: Download the TWRP recovery .img file compatible with your device and save to a separate folder on your PC.
2: Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, follow this link.
3: Next, choose the Fastboot TWRP image. Copy/paste it to the same folder as ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
4: Connect your Google Pixel 3/3 XL to the PC using its USB data cable.
5: Navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC and within that folder open a cmd window. Now type this command to automatically rebooted into bootloader/fastboot mode on your phone.
adb reboot bootloader
6: Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Note: Modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file, OR change your TWRP recovery filename to twrp.img and use the command above.
7: Once TWRP installation completes successfully, issue the following command to reboot:
Done! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Google Pixel 3/3 XL. You can now reboot your phone into recovery mode.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any question regarding flashing custom TWRP recovery on Google Pixel 3/3 XL.