Samsung has announced the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Galaxy Tab A SM-T350. This update has been rolled a bit late but we have still a reason to be happy because it’s finally available for these devices. The latest update comes with build ID T350XXU1BPK3 which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. We always recommend upgrading your phone to the new Android OS version. The latest Marshmallow Android firmware will improve the performance of your Tab A SM-T350.
As you know that, Samsung pushes firmware updates in stages, so not all users can update their devices at the same time. But still, you flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Tab A manually in any region by using Odin app.
Odin allows you to flash any new official update on Samsung devices. By following this step by step guide, you can update your Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM–T350 to XXU1BPK3 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware. Marshmallow is a big update as it brings new features and improvements to your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350. If you are interested in updating your Samsung Galaxy Tab A to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official update some latest Features:
- Several bugfixes.
- Faster performance.
- A few tweaks and changes in the user interface.
- Enhanced security features.
- Search and quick scrolling feature in the app drawer for find apps faster.
- Launch Google Now on Tap quickly by holding the Home button.
- Better battery performance through power usage management via Doze and App Standby features.
- Efficient management of app permissions.
- Many other new features and improvements.
|Model name||GALAXY Tab A|
|Country||USA, Russia, Canada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Australia, New Zealand, etc.|
|Version||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow|
|Build date||July 07, 2016 onwards|
|Security Patch Level||01.11.2016|
|CSC||The CSC is mentioned in the firmware names|
This guide containing the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy Tab A SM-T350. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-T350.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
USA (Cellular South): T350XXU1BPK2_T350XAR1BPK2_XAR.zip
New Zealand: T350XXU1BPE3_T350XNZ1BPH1-XNZ.zip
Saudi Arabia: T350XXU1BPK3_T350OJV1BPK2_KSA.zip
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T350) to T350XXU1BPK3 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Odin v3.10.7 for Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your Galaxy Tab A SM-T350. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
Step No 9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update.