Samsung is finally rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat for the owners of Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge worldwide, but AT&T has not yet received the official Nougat update. Don’t worry some users has been captured Nougat OTA zip file build version UCU4BQA4. AT&T users are excited to know that when they will receive the Android 7.0 Nougat and will upgrade their devices AT&T Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge (SM-G930A/ G935A). You can finally enjoy the official Nougat on your AT&T Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. This latest update comes with bugs fixes and will improve the overall performance of your AT&T Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge.
If you want to update your devices to Android 7.0 Nougat official update manually, then follow this step by step guide. This latest Android Nougat update brings new features and tweaked user interface with instant control toggles and space-efficient notifications. Also, this update comes with a quick switch, multi-window, quick reply and much more. If you are interested in updating your &T Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge (SM-G930A/ G935A) to official Android 7.0 Nougat update, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-G930A/G935A.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G930A/G935A USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-J700F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download G930AUCU2APD1 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download G935AUCU2APD1 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download ODIN v3.10.7
Steps to Update Samsung AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G930A/G935A) to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.0 Nougat and Odin v3.10.7 for AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
Step No 9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes.
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.