Today, we are sharing a step-by-step guide to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM. Thanks to the ViperTeam for releasing the most awaited Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM named ViperOneM9 OTA. This stable custom ROM is based on stock HTC firmware and stock HTC kernel that comes with the previous Viper Mods and some new mods as well. You can also find one of best features, Aroma Installer in ROM. Many users have tested Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM and found it very fast and rock stable.
By following the given guide, you will be able to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM. You’ll need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to flash the ROM and Google Apps package. As the latest version of a custom recovery is required to flash Android 7.0 based ViperOne M9 OTA ROM zipped file. Make sure that the bootloader of your HTC One M9 is unlocked. We have given a guide given below to unlock the bootloader of HTC devices.
We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with HTC One M9 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidXDA.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One M9 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for HTC One M9 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Check Popular Posts:
Steps to Install Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M9
- First, download the Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
- Connect your HTC One M9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
- Now, boot your HTC One M9 into Bootloader/Fastboot Mode. Power OFF the phone and again power it ON while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- While your device is now in fastboot mode (on your HTC One M9), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your PC).
- Open command prompt within the folder (Shift+Right-click > Open command prompt).
- Type the following command and hit Enter button.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Next, type this command and press Enter.
- Follow the instruction that you will see on the screen. Choose BOOTLOADER and then navigate to RECOVERY.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M9.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 7.0 ViperOneM9 OTA Nougat Custom ROM on HTC One M9.