If you are searching a custom ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, then you are at the right place. Recently, Samsung has started the OTA update for Galaxy Note 5, and this update is only available for those users who have unrooted Galaxy Note 5. Don’t worry, we have some great news for rooted Galaxy Note 5 users because you can update your rooted Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat via Nemesis custom ROM. All credit goes to XDA Developer for developing Nemesis Custom ROM. This latest Nemesis custom ROM is based on Android 7.0 Nougat N920CXXU3CQB2 that brings the Samsung’s UI experience for your device. This is not officially announced by Samsung but just a custom ROM. Your device must be rooted and have the latest custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) already installed.
By following this step by step guide, you can update your Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C to Nemesis custom ROM. This firmware is debloated, fast, and battery-friendly along with various new features and customizations. Before proceeding, don’t forget to make a complete backup of all your valuable data because while flashing Nemesis custom ROM your complete data will be wiped clean and the phone will look like a brand new phone. If you are interested in installing Android 7.0 Nougat via Nemesis custom ROM, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Android 7.0 Nemesis Nougat Custom Firmware Features:
- Build.prop tweaks for faster and better ROM.
- Pre-rooted by Magisk Manager.
- Call-recording button.
- After rebooting, you can quickly unlock your device with fingerprint sensor eliminating the need of using PIN or Pattern.
- Fully customizable reboot menu.
The Nemesis Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C. Check the model number of your Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Note5 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Update Android 7.0 Nemesis Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C:
Step No 1: – First, download Nemesis Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM (NEMESIS_NOUGAT_N5_V2.zip) for Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3: – Transfer Nemesis Android 7.0 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Unplug the Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – Wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors during ROM installation.
Step No 7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
Step No 8: – Navigate to the Nemesis Android 7.0 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C will be reset and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy Note 5 SM- N920C to the latest Nemesis Android 7.0 Nougat ROM.