Here is how to manually update Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10. Finally, the Official version of Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update is available for Nexus devices after almost a month of waiting. So users having Nexus devices can now manually update their devices to Android 5.0 Lollipop without rooting with two methods. One is by flashing the factory image if the bootloader of your device is not the unlocked and the second method is to install the actual Over-The-Air (OTA) update.
If you owned a Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 then here we have given a step by step guide that how to manually update Official Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10. This is one of the simplest methods that you don’t need to have a rooted device or the custom recovery to be installed. So go ahead and read the quick pre requisites and the tutorial which will enable you to manually update Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10.
Before Getting Started:-
- Don’t forget to backup all your important data in your Nexus device like SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Media Files, APN, MMS Settings, etc.
- Enable USB Debugging Option on your device. Please follow the given steps to enable USB Debugging:
- Tap on About Phone and then on the Build Number.
- Tap 7 times on the Build Number and the Developer Options will appear on the Settings page.
- Tap on the Back key, and you’ll see the Developer Options.
- Tap on Developer Options and check the USB Debugging Option.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is above 70% before starting the updating process.
Download Required Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware.Zip Files:
- Nexus 4 – [LRX21T] – Download Link
- Nexus 5 – [LRX2 from KTU84P, 479MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 7 WIFI – [LRX21P] – Download Link
- Nexus 10 – [LRX21P from KTU84P, 325MB] – Download Link
Check Popular Posts:
Steps to Manually Update Nexus Devices with Android 5.0 Lollipop:
Step No 1: – First of all download the Android SDK in your PC.
Step No 2: – Now install the ADB on the PC that you’ve downloaded in Step No 1.
Step No 3: – Connect your Nexus device to the PC and Open command prompt on PC and type the following given command:
Step No 4: – The above-given command will provide some serial number followed by the device as shown below. It means that ADB is installed correctly.
Step No 5: – Move the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware .zip file (KDQ39.zip) that you have already downloaded from the above-given link to the “Platform-Tools” folder.
Step No 6: – Now type in the below-given command in the command prompt:
Adb reboot bootloader
Step No 7: – The above command will boot your Nexus device in the Bootloader Mode, press the Volume Down key in your device till the “Recovery” option appears. Then press Power Button to choose the Recovery Option. Your device will be now in Stock Recovery Mode after booting with the exclamation mark with an android logo.
Choose “Apply Update From ADB” with the Volume Down key and then press the Power Button:
adb sideload <update filename.zip>
This moving and updating firmware process can take more than 4 to 5 min to apply the .zip file successfully on your device.
Done! You’ve successfully manually updated your Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 device with Android 5.0 Lollipop without Rooting.
Let us know in the comments area below if have any query or question regarding manually update Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10
Source: Google Developers