Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 users have some good news that they can now finally taste the sweetness of Lollipop on their devices. You can get Android 5.1.1 Lollipop upgrade on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with crDroid custom ROM that comes with a lot of great features built-in adblocker, don’t disturb mode, heads-up customization and blacklist for unwanted calls etc. Stock ROMs are better but custom ROMs comes with those cool features that you can’t find any where on official OEM ROMs. So if you want to install the stable Android 5.1.1 crDroid Lollipop ROM then follow the given guide to enhance the performance of your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
Please note that crDroid is a custom ROM which is not officially released by Samsung, you’ll be required to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP in order to flash the crDroid Android 5.1.1. Lollipop and Gapps zipped files on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Before going ahead take proper backup of all your data as installing custom ROMs will wipe your previous personal data and apps. Now checkout the highlighted features of this crDroid ROM.
crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM Features:
- Volume panel timeout
- Clear recents location
- Heads up customization
- Quick access button on expanded status bar
- Swipe behavior
- Touch outside behavior
- Time out
- Do not disturb
- SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Navbar on/off
- Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
- Power menu in navring targets
- SlimPie controls with all working
- Sound panel option on power menu
- Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
- Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
- Power menu and notifications tiles
- Four tiles per row
- Vibrate on tiles touch
- Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Kill app back button configurable timeout
- Omni-Ambient Display
- Ad Blocker
This tutorial containing the installation instructions and crDroid Android 5.1.1. Lollipop download links can be used only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 based crDroid. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the ROM installation guide using a recommended custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for the Galaxy Tab 2 on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Your device should be rooted with CWM recovery installed on it.
- The bootloader of the Galaxy tablet must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
Steps to Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 with crDroid Custom ROM:
Step No 1:- First, download crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on the desktop of the PC from the above link.
Step No 2:- Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Transfer the crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file that you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the tablet from the PC and turn it OFF to boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Turn ON your tablet while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the crDroid .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device. Select the ROM .zip file and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any query or trouble regarding the above tutorial to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based crDroidROM on your tablet.