Download/Install G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch for Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge [SM-G935P]: Samsung Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge has started receiving the latest security patch. The new April 2018 security patch update for one of its flagship device, Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge is now available to download. The build number will change to G935PVPU6CRE7 after upgrading Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge to the latest firmware. The new update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update contains a bunch of security fixes for many CVEs and other security threats. We highly recommend updating the Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge.
The Android 8.0 Oreo G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge and hit the download to upgrade your device to April 2018 Security Patch G935PVPU6CRE7 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security update on Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Model: SM-G935P
- Model name: Galaxy S7 edge
- Version: Android 8.0.0
- Changelist: 13585094
- Build date: Fri, 25 May 2018 11:29:32 +0000
- Security Patch Level: 2018-04-01
- Product code: SPR
- PDA: G935PVPU6CRE7
- CSC: G935PSPT6CRE7
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge?
- To check the latest software update on your Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest April 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% - 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge.
Download G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch for Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge
How To Manually Install G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Update on Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge using ODIN:
To Install G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security for Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed G935PVPU6CRE7 April 2018 Security Patch on Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge.