Download/Install G955USQU2CRB9 for Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon [SM-G955U]: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon has started receiving the latest security patch. The new update for one of its flagship device, Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon is now available to download. The build number will change to G955USQU2CRB9 after upgrading Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon to the latest firmware. The new update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update contains a bunch of security fixes for many CVEs and other security threats. We highly recommend updating the Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. G955USQU2CRB9 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install G955USQU2CRB9 on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
The Android 8.0 Oreo G955USQU2CRB9 is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon and hit the download to upgrade your device to G955USQU2CRB9 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security update on Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon.
- Model: SM-G955U
- Model name: Galaxy S8+
- Version: Android 8.0.0
- Changelist: 13001792
- Build date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:50:21 +0000
- Security Patch Level: 2018-02-01
- Product code: VZW
- PDA: G955USQU2CRB9
- CSC: G955UOYN2CRB9
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% - 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon.
Download G955USQU2CRB9 for Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon
How To Manually Install G955USQU2CRB9 April 2018 Security Update on Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon using ODIN:
To Install G955USQU2CRB9 April 2018 Security for Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed G955USQU2CRB9 on Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy S8 Plus Verizon.