Samsung’s flagship device Spring Galaxy Note 4 received the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop VPU4COG5 firmware recently. So if you have updated your Note 4 to this stock build then all the factory and default restrictions are again applied on your device and the root access would be revoked. So you’ll need to re-root the new VPU4COG5 Android 5.1.1 in order to gain full control over it.
With root access the Lollipop default restrictions will be removed and you will be able to access/modify default apps, customize and optimize the Android 5.1.1 experience. One more good thing that you can add custom ROMs, remove bloatware, overclock the CPU frequencies and perform many other dedicated operations after rooting it. Now go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide.
This guide containing the root exploit for the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop VPU4COG5 firmware is compatible only with the Sprint Galaxy Note 4. Do not try this guide on any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 4 during or after the rooting process. Make sure that this is not an official operation and warranty of your smartphone will get void once root access is applied. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all your important data such as apps from Google Play, contacts, EFS folder, call logs, messages, images, videos, internet settings, IMEI / NVRAM data etc.
- A Windows-based PC will be required to download the required files.
- Temporarily turn OFF antivirus protection.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. Also you can use Samsung KIES for this purpose.
- A custom recovery image should be installed on your Note 4 in order to root it.
- Enable USB debugging option on your phone by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Spring Note 4 should be at least about 70% before going ahead to prevent unexpected shutdowns.
Steps to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop VPU4COG5:
Step No 1:- First, download the root exploit for the Spring Galaxy Note 4 (BeastModeStock1.0-N910P-OG5.zip) on the desktop of your PC. Do not extract the .zip file.
Step No 2:- Connect your Note 4 with the PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3:- Copy/Paste the downloaded root package from your PC to Note 4.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the device after copying the root exploit.
Step No 5:- Power OFF the phone in order to boot into Recovery Mode. (How To?)
Step No 6:- While your device is now in Recovery Mode, select “Install” and choose the root exploit.
Step No 7:- Begin the flashing process and go back to the main recovery menu once done.
Step No 8:- Select “reboot system now” and that’s it.
In case if you face a boot loop issue, then navigate to recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”. Reboot the device and enjoy.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while rooting your Spring Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop VPU4COG5.