Samsung has started rolling out Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official update to their flagship budget metal smartphone Galaxy A3. The build number of this update is A300FXXU1BOD5 which is based on Android 5.0.2, the update is available for the Russian users having the Galaxy A3 (Unlocked).
The new A300FXXU1BOD5 update has the latest Android upgraded UI that brings the Material Design-inspired UX, same as that on the Galaxy S5 and other Galaxy smartphones and tablets. You can find also some new Samsung apps such as the phone dialer and messages with an amazing colorful interface. So if have a Samsung Galaxy A3 and can’t wait for the OTA notification., then go ahead and follow the given instructions to get Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official update with build number A300FXXU1BOD5 on your Galaxy A3 to enjoy the improved battery life performance, heads-up notification and much more.
- Model: SM-A300F
- Model name: Galaxy A3
- Country: Russia
- Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Changelist; 512684
- Build date: 15 April
- Product code: SER
- PDA: A300FXXU1BOD5
- CSC: A300FOXY1BOD5
This guide containing the stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build A300FXXU1BOD5 can be used only for the Galaxy A3 SM-A300F only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect firmware. It is recommended to check the model number of your device from Settings > About phone > Model number.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy A3 during or after the installation of A300FXXU1BOD5 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy A3 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A3 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Make sure that you’ve created proper backup of all your data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Your Galaxy A3 SM-A300F should factory unlocked.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy A3 SM-A300F is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy A3, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Build A300FXXU1BOD5 For Galaxy A3
- Download Odin 3.10.6.zip
Steps to Install Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop A300FXXU1BOD5 Firmware on Galaxy A3 SM-A300F:
Follow the given step-by-step guide to install A300FXXU1BOD5 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy A3 SM-A300F:
Step No 1:- First, download the official A300FXXU1BOD5 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware .zip file for your Galaxy A3 and Odin3 v3.10 on the desktop of the PC from the above given links.
Step No 2:- Extract both zipped files in a folder on your PC.
Step No 3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy A3 in order to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn the Galaxy A3 ON while pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down keys at the same time.
Step No 5:- Run Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6:- As the Galaxy A3 is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue in Odin after phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and also the Re-Partition option should be Checked.
Step No 9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
Step No 10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy A3 will be automatically rebooted.
That’s All! You have successfully updated Galaxy A3 SM-A300F to A300FXXU1BOD5 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while installing XXU1BOD5 on your Galaxy A3.