The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update is seeding for most of the Android flagships rapidly. Stock firmwares are always better but custom ROMs brings more features, optimizations and customizations. When we talk about the custom ROMs, CyanogenMod 12 is the first and most popular that hits the mind. AndroidXDA.net is dedicated to provide the latest Android’s updates. Either you have an old device or a new one but most of the users desire to get a latest Android OS version to taste its features and sweetness.
crDroid ROM is now available to download for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (2nd Generation). This ROM is based on the CyanogenMod 12 and is known as one of the best Android custom firmware for a lot of customization and tweaks. The official crDroid ROM updates the Galaxy Note 2 from the Android KitKat to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. So if you want to get this ROM on your Galaxy Note N7100 then follow the given instructions on how to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.0.2 crDroid custom ROM.
This is not officially released by Samsung but is a custom ROM which is developed by the third-party developers and is under development yet, so you might get some bugs/errors while installing crDroid ROM. But the developers are working hard to fix bugs.
Features of crDroid custom ROM:
- Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions)
- Animated rotation tile
- Wake up on plug
- Development shortcut
- Clock and time clickable in expanded status bar
- Notification ticker
- Quick unlock
- PIN keypad shuffler
- Custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Answer calls with hardware home button
- Status bar clock tweaks (right, centre or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colours
- Notifications counter
- Volume keys wake the device
- Ability to hide the alarm clock icon from status bar
- Dialer Lookup
- Profiles form CyanogenMod (new merges and lollipop style)
- Protected apps (using trebuchet launcher)
- Filter spam notifications
- CyanogenMod SuperUser
- Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left)
- Privacy guard from CyanogenMod
- Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off)
- Smart pull down
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Toggle to not allow quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Brightness control through status bar
- Double tap status bar sleep
- Data activity indicators
- Call blacklist support
- Increasing ring tone
- In call vibrations
- Advanced reboot menu
- Option to hide adb notification
- Screen shot quick delete with confirmation
- Long press back to kill with configurable timeout
- Less frequent notifications sound
- Advanced keyboard features (auto rotation with timeout, disable full screen, selector notification, show
- enter key, volume key cursor control)
- New Eleven music player and AudioFX from CyanogenMod
- Status bar network speeds
- AOKP system animations
- Left handed navbar during landscape mode
- App circle sidebar
- Toast Animations
- Media Scanner on boot behavior
- Gesture anywhere
The crDroid ROM given in the guide is only working with Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Do not try to flash this ROM on any incorrect variant, as a result your device might get bricked. You can check the device’s model by going to Settings > About phone > Model number.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to your Galaxy Note 2 while installing crDroid custom ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to installation guide via custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore the data on your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options and check USB Debugging option.
- Note: Please note that if the “Developer Options” is not available in Settings, then go to “About Phone” options in Settings and find the Build number there. Tap on the Build number for 7 times and the Developer Options will be appeared.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy Note 2 N7100, it should be above 80% before proceeding to the installation instructions.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on the PC.
- Your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 should be rooted.
- The device have a custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) already installed.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via crDroid ROM:
Step No 1:- First, download the Android 5.0.2 crDroid custom ROM (crdroid-5.0.2-20150105-n7100 .zip) and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Now plug your Galaxy Note 2 to PC using its USB data cable and mount the Memory Storage of the phone.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.0.2 crDroid ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD Card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Turn on the phone by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for a few seconds.
Step No 6:- While your device is now recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 7:- Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of crDroid ROM file to begin.
Step No 8:- Once the ROM installation is finished, install the Google Apps package by repeating the above procedure on your Galaxy Note 2.
Step No 9:- After flashing the ROM and Gapps .zip files on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Android 5.0.2 crDroid ROM on Galaxy Note 2.
Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments section below if you have any trouble or query while flashing crDroid custom ROM based on Android 5.0.2 on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.