Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is now available to taste on HTC One M8 with crDroid custom ROM. crDroid ROM is based on the latest Android OS version Android 5.0.2 Lollipop that comes with a lot of great features such as customization features and many tweaks to run your device fast and smooth. Many users having HTC One M8 have tested this ROM and they have liked it too much. You can easily install Android 5.0.2 crDroid Lollipop custom firmware on your One M8 by following the given detailed guide.
Please note that this ROM is not officially released by HTC, as this custom ROM is developed by the third party developers, thus you might experience some minor bugs. But the crDroid custom ROM comes with various new features having no major bugs, here we’ve given a list of all the main features if this ROM.
You’ll need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP in order to install the crDroid ROM and Gapps package zipped files on the HTC One M8. So if you are now ready to get this awesome custom ROM on your One M8 then go ahead and read the instructions carefully.
ROM Details (crDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop):
- Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions)
- Animated rotation tile
- Wake up on plug
- Development shortcut
- Clock and time clickable in expanded status bar
- Notification ticker
- Quick unlock
- PIN keypad shuffler
- Custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Answer calls with hardware home button
- Status bar clock tweaks (right, center or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colors included)
- Notifications counter
- Volume keys wake the device
- Ability to hide the alarm clock icon from status bar
- Dialer Lookup
- Profiles form CyanogenMod (new merges and lollipop style)
- Protected apps (using trebuchet launcher)
- Filter spam notifications
- CyanogenMod SuperUser
- Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left)
- Privacy guard from CyanogenMod
- Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off)
- Smart pull down
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Toggle to not allow quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Brightness control through status bar
- Double tap status bar sleep
- Data activity indicators
- Call blacklist support
- Increasing ring tone
- In call vibrations
- Advanced reboot menu
- Option to hide adb notification
- Screen shot quick delete with confirmation
- Long press back to kill with configurable timeout
- Less frequent notifications sound
- Advanced keyboard features (auto rotation with timeout, disable full screen, selector notification, show enter key, volume key cursor control)
- New Eleven music player and AudioFX from CyanogenMod
- Statusbar network speeds
- AOKP system animations
- Left handed navbar during landscape mode
- App circle sidebar
- Toast Animations
- Media Scanner on boot behaviour
- Gesture Anywhere
- Weather banner
- Search bar in recents
- Omniswitch instead of cm recents
- Wakelock blocker
- Advanced powermenu
This guide containing the Android 5.0.2 crDroid custom firmware is only working with HTC One M8. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant, otherwise your device might gets bricked. Verify the model number of your device first.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your HTC One M8 during or after the installation of Android 5.0.2 crDroid custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all your important data like SMS, MMS, APN Settings, Contacts, Call Logs and media files etc before proceeding to the installation guide. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- The HTC One (M8) must be unlocked, otherwise you’ll not be able to install this Android 5.0.2 crDroid custom ROM.
- The bootloader of your One M8 should be unlocked.
- Download and install HTC One M8 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the latest custom recovery like ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery is installed on your device.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions.
- Download crDroid Android 5.0.2 ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install crDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on HTC One M8:
Step No 1:- First of all, extract the crDroid Android 5.0.2 custom ROM to get boot.img file from the zipped file separately in a folder on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Plug your HTC One M8 to the PC using its USB data cable and mount the USB Mass Memory of the phone.
Step No 3:- Transfer Android 5.0.2 crDroid ROM and Google Apps zipped files which you’ve already downloaded from the above links, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Move the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on the PC.
Step No 5:- Power OFF your One M8 in order to boot into Bootloader/Fastboot Mode.
Step No 6:- Power ON the device by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
Step No 7:- While the phone is in the Fastboot Mode, go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt.
Step No 8:- Type the following command to flash boot.img file and press Enter:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step No 9:- Next, give this command to reboot:
Step No 10:- Select BOOTLOADER by following the on-screen instructions. And then go to RECOVERY.
Step No 11:- Turn OFF the phone and then turn it ON by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for a few seconds.
Step No 12:- While your device is now in CWM recovery, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 13:- Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of crDroid ROM file to begin.
Step No 14:- Once the ROM installation is finished, install the Google Apps package by repeating the above procedure on your HTC One M8.
Step No 15:- After flashing the ROM and Gapps .zip files on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Android 5.0.2 crDroid ROM on HTC One M8.
Let us know in the comments area below if you are facing issues or have a query while installing the crDroid custom ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your One M8.