Galaxy S5 Mini custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop can be installed now on Galaxy S4 Mini. Thanks to adityapal (Senior XDA member) who has ported successfully the Galaxy S5 Mini Android Lollipop ROM into the Galaxy S4 Mini. This custom ROM is based on the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Mini and you’ll be surprised to look at your Galaxy S4 Mini after its installation. It is compatible with all variants of Galaxy S4 Mini like I91951, I9190, I9192 and I9195 that comes with many Lollipop features.
So if you have Galaxy S4 Mini and interested to install Android 5.0 S5 Mini Lollipop custom firmware on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 or any other given variants, then we’ve a step-by-step guide to get this amazing custom ROM on your phone. Please note that you’ll need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to install the ROM zipped file because this is not officially released by Samsung.
Galaxy S5 Mini Lollipop v3 (Change Log)
- Added Lollipop style settings
- Added Note 4 style Launcher
- Added Note 4 style Dialer
- Added Lollipop style SMS App
- Added Note 4 style Contacts
- Added My lifes app lollipop
- Added Lollipop style Music App
- Added Note 4 style App Manager
- Added S5 camera
- Added Lollipop Setup Wizard
- Added Lollipop style Galery
- Added new weather widgets with fonts
- Added a lot of new transparent widgets
- Added splanner note 4
- Added new app sreminder
- Added note 4 clock
- Added note 4 voice recorder
- Added note 4 sounds
- Added note 4 fonts
- Added note 4 video app
- Added note 4 alltogether
- Added note 4 sfinder
- Aroma Installer improvements
- Improved lollipop nexus looking with new nexus 5 launcher
- Fixed SMS dual SIM
- Fixed lag once and for all
- Fixed music lag when browsing the internet
Galaxy S5 Mini V3.1 OTA (Change Log)
- Framework fixes
This guide containing instructions and download links of S5 Mini Lollipop ROM v3.1 are only working with Galaxy S4 Mini (All Variants). Do not install these firmwares on any other device. You can find the correct model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About phone > Model Number.
AndroidXDA.net will not be responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 during or after the installation of Galaxy S5 Mini custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of your important data and settings using a custom recovery on your S4 Mini.
- Download and install USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 Mini on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that your device is rooted with a CWM recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the Galaxy S4 should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of the phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Required Links For Galaxy S5 Mini v3.1
- Download Android 5.0 S4 Mini I91951 Lollipop ROM
- Download Android 5.0 S4 Mini I9190 Lollipop ROM
- Download Android 5.0 S4 Mini I9192 Lollipop ROM
- Download Android 5.0 S4 Mini I9195 Lollipop ROM
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 Mini to Galaxy S5 Mini Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM:
Follow the given instructions to install Android 5.0 S5 Mini Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195:
Step No 1:- First, download the correct Lollipop custom ROM .zip file from the above given links for Galaxy S4 Mini.
Step No 2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Unplug the Galaxy S4 Mini from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > wipe dalvik cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195) will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195) to Galaxy S5 Mini Lollipop custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any query or problem regarding the above tutorial to install Galaxy S5 Mini Lollipop ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.