The long awaited Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based Nightly Official CyanogenMod 12 custom firmware is now available to download for Galaxy S4 Mini (International LTE). This CM12 custom ROM is based on the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop which comes with almost all features and improvements. You can now flash this ROM to enjoy Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and CyanogenMod ROM key features on your Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/3G).
As this ROM is in its Nightly stages, so all of its features might not functioning properly but the main advantage of nightly ROMs ar; the issues will be fixed soon and there is a chance to try newly added features on your device. So if you are interested to get this latest CM12 Nightly ROM then here is a step by step guide to flash CyanogenMod 12 Nightly custom ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE/3G.
Features not yet in the Nightlies are:
- Theme Engine
- Quick Settings Customization
- Quick Settings Ribbon Mode
- Navigation Bar Reorganization
- Sound Panel Customization
- Lock-Screen Quick Unlock
- Ok Google with Standby Mode Support
- Tap to Go
- Double Tap to Wake
- Ambient Display
- improved Face Unlock
- Lock Screen Notifications
- Priority Mode
- Guest Mode
- Pin App Feature
- Improved Quick Settings
- Improved Multitasking
- Material Design
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap happened to your Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE) before or after the flashing process of CyanogenMod 12 Nightly custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all the data before starting the flashing process on your Galaxy S4 Mini. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data such as your SMS, MMS, Internet Settings, Call Logs, Contacts and Media files etc.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy S4 Mini by navigating to Settings - Developer Options
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers on your PC for the S4 Mini.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to 80% before proceeding to installation instructions.
- Download CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Nightly Official ROM For Galaxy S4 Mini LTE
- Download CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Nightly Official ROM For Galaxy S4 Mini 3G
- Google Apps
Steps to Flash Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12 ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
Follow the given steps to flash the CM12 Nightly custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE/3G.
Step No 1:- Plug your Galaxy S4 Mini to the PC using its USB data cable and mount the USB Mass Storage of the phone.
Step No 2:- Now, transfer the CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 custom ROM .zip file that you’ve already downloaded from the above links, to the root folder of your SD Card on the Galaxy S4 Mini.
Step No 3:- Unplug the device from the PC and turn it off to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn on the device by pressing and holding Volume up + Home + Power keys at the same time on your device.
Step No 5:- While the device is now in CWM Recovery, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache as well from Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loop issues and other boot ROM related errors while installing firmware.
Step No 6:- Go back to main Recovery Menu and select Install Zip from SD card ->Choose Zip from SD card.
Step No 7:- Now find the CM12 Nightly Custom ROM .zip file which you have transferred to the SD Card, select it by tapping the Power button.
Step No 8:- On the next screen, confirm the ROM installation process to initiate.
Step No 9:- Install Google Apps (Gapps) package by repeating the above steps on your Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/3G)
Step No 10:- After the installation completes, then navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” and from Recovery Menu, select Reboot System Now.
It will reboot the phone and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
That’s All! You’ve installed the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CM12 custom ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini.